The new ZLX series of speakers from Electro Voice are equipped with some fantastic features that for the price should make these a real contender for any band that needs to their own gear to gigs. The design of the speakers is also designed with the gigging musician
EV have added a very clever menu display on the back of the speaker that lets you choose the function of the speaker and then adjusts the speakers EQ to match the setting. These allows you to get the best sound in the shortest time
Here’s what EV say about the ZLX15P Active Speakers
With ZLX, Electro-Voice set out with a singular goal: to deliver best-in-class performance across every detail.
ZLX combines decades of proven pro-audio engineering know-how with a bold new look and user-friendly features that give you an extraordinary amount of control over your sound – all with the renowned EV quality and reliability the pros trust.
Available in powered and passive 12- and 15-inch two-way versions and perfect for use as either mains or monitors, ZLX represents a new standard for musicians, DJs, and all performers looking for more from a portable loudspeaker.
The two powered ZLX models cut through the competition with the most complete and innovative package of features in their class – all of which work together to make it quicker and easier than ever to take control of your sound, whatever the show.
- LCD display and unique single-knob DSP control with presets – quickly optimize ZLX to suit your performance style and space
- Input level meters and independent amplifier control- ensure optimal gain structure in seconds
- EV-engineered components matched with a custom-built 1000-W Class-D amplifier for best-in-class sound
- Lightweight, super-durable composite construction with unique hi/lo grip design for effortless pole mounting and portability
- Patented split-baffle design for superior driver time alignment and enhanced sonic impact and intelligibility
15″ TWO-WAY POWERED LOUDSPEAKER
Extend your low-end with this portable powerhouse. Whether used on its own or with a sub, the ZLX-15P provides crisp, clean highs and tight, deep lows for larger spaces – all with enough amplifier headroom to make sure you’re heard both loudly and clearly.
- 1000W (Class D); 127 dB max SPL; 42 Hz – 20 kHz
- 15″ woofer and 1.5″ high-frequency titanium compression driver
- 38 lbs (17.3 kg)
In the case of ZLX’s uncluttered control panel, less really does mean more. Though the multiple dials and switches on other powered loudspeakers may suggest more functionality, ZLX’s powerful DSP engine is accessed by a clean single-knob design with LCD display, and actually offers the most precise control and configuration available at its price point. Use the presets to optimize ZLX according to your application (music, live, speech, club) and your location (pole mount, monitor, install) and hear the difference in seconds. Smart design, straightforward operation.